November 2, 2021
Beginning in 2019, School and City Elections will be combined and held in November of odd-numbered years. A City election is used to elect the Mayor and Council Members and any other elected city officials. A School Election is an election to select School Board members for school districts within Jones County.
Candidate filing begins August 23, 2021 and ends September 16, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
See below for information for interested city and school candidates.
Interested city candidates should review and complete the following:
- Affidavit of Candidacy
- Must be filled out by candidate and filed with the County Auditor between August 23, 2021 and 5PM on September 16, 2021.
- The County Auditor is a notary and can notarize this form for you.
- Nomination Petition
- This petition must be filed with the Count Auditor at the same time as you file your affidavit of candidacy.
- The # of signatures that you need to obtain is listed on the City Election Candidate Nomination Info sheet. Collecting more signatures that what you need is advised.
- Signers must be eligible electors of the city in which you reside.
- For Monticello only: Signers must be eligible electors of the ward in which you are running.
- City Election Candidate Nomination Info
- Information related to offices to be on ballot and signature requirements, etc.
- Candidate Guide
- Candidate Information from Secretary of State.
- IA Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board letter
Interested school candidates should review and complete the following:
Affidavit of Candidacy and Nomination Petition must be filed with the respective school secretary by 5:00 p.m. September 16, 2021.
Results Available on Election Night
0/14 Precincts Counted